The Preparatory Department of Mykolayiv National Agrarian University for Foreign Citizens is a structural subdivision of MNAU and operates in accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine. The legal basis for the establishment of the preparatory department is Article 30 of the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education”.
The pre-university training program will allow to adapt the acquired knowledge to the educational system of Ukraine. Successful completion of studies at the Preparatory Department is a guarantee of admission to the Mykolayiv National Agrarian University or any other institution of higher education in Ukraine.
Pre-university training consists of two cycles:
I cycle – language training
II cycle – the study of general disciplines.
The tasks of the preparatory department are to find, develop and support students of the preparatory department from among foreign citizens; their preparation is carried out in the following areas:
The organization of the educational process is carried out at the appropriate scientific and methodological levels.
In order to enter the preparatory department for foreign citizens (Russian/Ukrainian languages of instruction), the candidate must receive an official invitation to enter Ukraine.
How to get a Study Invitation?
- fill in the application form and send it by e-mail to the Research Center for International Cooperation and Legal Support of MNAU with a request to enter the university;
- issue a written consent to the processing of personal data;
- send a copy of the passport (full name, citizenship, date of birth, passport number, address of permanent residence) in English;
- send a copy of the document on education with a list of studied disciplines and assessments in English.
Upon arrival to study, foreigners must submit the following documents, legalized in the prescribed manner:
- application addressed to the Rector of the University;
- original and translation of the first page of the passport (surname, name) into Ukrainian, notarized in Ukraine;
- the original and a copy of the document on education and grades obtained from academic disciplines (certificate or diploma), translated into Ukrainian and notarized in Ukraine;
- medical certificate of health, certified by the health authority of the country from which the foreigner came, and issued no later than two months before entering Ukraine;
- 12 photos (3.5×4.5 cm), color, matte;
- return ticket with an open departure date for a period of 1 (one) year to return home.
After enrollment, foreigners have to:
- draw up an agreement on the provision of educational services (training);
- pay tuition fees;
- extend the period of stay in Ukraine;
- draw up an insurance policy for medical care;
- draw up a contract of voluntary liability insurance for reimbursement of expenses related to the execution of the decision on expulsion from Ukraine;
- carry out the procedure of nostrification of documents on education in the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine during the first semester.
Extension of the period of stay in Ukraine is carried out in the bodies of the state migration service on the basis of a written request of the University. The application is submitted no later than three working days from the date of submission of the foreigner’s national passport (or a document that replaces it) to the University.
Note. A return ticket with an open date of repatriation for a period of up to one year may be replaced by a contract of voluntary liability insurance for reimbursement of expenses related to the execution of the decision to expel from Ukraine. Such an agreement is executed through the Department for Work with Foreign Citizens.
All students are provided with a hostel.
Entry and enrollment in the preparatory department for foreigners is carried out throughout the year.
The term of study at the preparatory department is 10 months.
After completing the curriculum and successfully completing the session, the student of the preparatory department receives a certificate of completion.
If a foreigner does not master the language at the appropriate level and does not pass the session in the preparatory department, he has the right to continue his studies next year.
Foreigners who have a certificate of completion of the preparatory department of another higher education institution of Ukraine are enrolled in the first year of the university for vacant places based on the results of the interview.